The Seerundweg around the Zwischenahner Meer is one of the most attractive hiking trails in northern Germany. The mostly gravel circuit is 12 kilometers long. Many sections of the route have a clear view of the Zwischenahner Meer, the third largest inland body of water in Lower Saxony. Numerous restaurants right on the way invite you to linger. The traditional restaurants "Spieker" and "Fährkroog" are particularly well known.
Distance 12.2 km
The Ammerland is a very scenic cycling region, but not an area for hiking. Anyone who claims this has probably never been on the Seerundweg around the Zwischenahner Meer. This is where the highest pedestrian density in northern Germany is likely to be found on a circuit with a length of 12 kilometers. The Zwischenahner Meer is a natural sight that can be viewed from numerous places on the shore. The sea was formed about 12,000 years ago when the underlying salt dome collapsed and the resulting hollow ran full of groundwater. With a water area of 5.5 km² (550 ha), the Zwischenahner Meer is the third largest lake in Lower Saxony after the Steinhuder Meer and the Dümmer. The north-south diameter is 2.8 kilometers, the east-west diameter about 2 kilometers. The average water depth is 3.3 meters, the deepest point above a digested sludge layer is around 5.5 to 6.0 meters. The lake offers a varied backdrop for hikers. Numerous ranking regattas and German championships of various boat classes take place here regularly. The three passenger ships of the "White Fleet" also offer interesting photo opportunities. You can also use them to cut the hiking trail in half, as you can return halfway from Dreibergen and Bad Zwischenahn to the starting point of the hike. From a culinary point of view, too, the Seerundweg offers a colorful array of catering options, from the rustic eel smokehouse to the excellent Michelin-starred cuisine.
Cafe Seerose, the biggest pieces of cake are here.Gastronomy "Juister" at the Zwischenahner sailing club, here you can enjoy the most beautiful sunsets on the terrace.Rustic gastronomy in the Fährkroog in Dreibergen. Order an "old Swede" there.
Update: November 29, 2021
Rest StopFährkroog Dreibergen
Tips and hintsMet de "Weisse Flotte" kan de loopafstand gehalveerd worden.
32U 433561 5893651
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view