This idyllic hiking trail mostly follows the course of the old church path through the Mansholter Holz.
Distance 10.1 km
Those who long for peace and nature should use this hiking trail into the “Mansholter Büsche”. The forest area covers 330 hectares and is a historically old oak and hornbeam forest of outstanding importance for nature conservation. The Geest carries valuable forest communities. The location is on nutrient-rich, water-retaining "Lauenburg clay". The natural diversity is based on blown sands as well as moor and floodplain formation, which lead to mosaic-like site conditions. The forest (220 hectares) is managed in a natural and sustainable manner, striving for biodiversity, diversity of age and gradation The aim of this management is an ecologically stable forest.
It is worth taking a detour to the nearby rhododendron park of the Bruns tree nursery in Gristede.
Update: November 29, 2021
32U 441589 5897393
EquipmentSturdy shoes are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view