The Ammerland park landscape is typical for the area and particularly attractive due to its special design, which is characterized by the plantings of the 180 Ammerland tree nurseries. The many cultivated plants underline the charm of the enchanting nature and round off the graceful impression of the surroundings harmoniously. So the Ammerland presents itself in spring in a bright green and extremely colorful; a rush of colors caused by the thousands of blooming rhododendrons and azaleas that have found a new home here and are sold all over the world. But other seasons also promise intense color experiences that cannot be found anywhere else in this quality.
Safety informationThe Ammerland route can be carried out without any danger. Flat landscapes and well-developed cycle paths make it easy to ride.
Tips and hints
- Consistent signage along the entire route
- Package deals
- Central bookability of overnight
- stays Multi-day route
- Detailed information material
Getting thereA28 / A29 / A31
You arrive by car along the A1 and A 29 autobahns to Oldenburg and from Oldenburg on along the A 28 towards Emden / Leer to Westerstede.
ParkingYou will find public and free parking spaces at many start and finish points.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentNo special equipment is required.
Basic Equipment for Bicycle Touring
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Bicycle Touring
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Spoke wrench
- Zip ties
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- Luggage system as required for length of journey: panniers with racks
- Handlebar / frame / saddle bags
- Mudguards recommended
- Tent (3- or 4-season)
- Stove (including fuel and utensils)
- Sleeping mat. Sleeping bag with suitable temperature rating.
- Toiletries and medication
- Toilet paper
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Alpine club membership card if applicable / ID
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.